Wednesday, June 1, 2016

NEEDING TO HONE IN ON MY TECHNIQUES

I decided to stop the C H A O S.  I need to focus more on ONE TECHNIQUE AT A TIME! I'm sort of all over the board and I am making myself sick...  Ok, sick is not the word, how about crazy!  Ha! Ha!

I literally feel like all of this information is exploding inside my brain.  The first thing I did was sit down and make a list of the techniques I already know and am comfortable with teaching.  The reason I say teaching is because if I can teach it I have to know it inside and out.  The second really long piece of paper was a list of all the things I want to learn.

Wow...I have a really long way to travel on some of this stuff.  I will try and blog/journal some of my travels...if not for the sake of giving back to the wonderful metalsmithing community then for myself...I am sure I will forget some of this stuff and it will nice to be able to look back at some of my experiments.

I will eventually write about some of my experiments.  Hopefully sooner than later.

Below are a few pictures of my most recent enameling escapades and will be a good starting point for my journey.

I started off with enamels shortly after my second son was born...I'd say it was around 2003 or so.  I have mostly enameled on silver.  I love, love, love the shimmer and transparency of the transparent enamels on the fine silver.



Transparent enamel over silver...pretty, pretty, pretty!!!


 The hearts below were my last pieces I made before the liquid enamels arrived...


 
Opaque enamel over copper with silver leaf.


















However, lately I have turned to copper and just purchased a butt load of liquid enamels.  That is where I am going to start... 

Multi-color kaleidoscope of fun with enamels
Have fun with your enameling experiments!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment